- In business 22 years
- Funding modelBootstrapped
- Team size 36
We believe that businesses are designed to support human beings.
How do you maintain flexibility & balance for your team?
How do you ensure autonomy and plan for the future?
How does your company try to hire people from underrepresented groups and improve the diversity of your team?
Here are a few ways we’re working to improve:
- We recently hired a Head of People who is building a new model for how to design and run meaningful, human-centric businesses
- We redesigned our interview processes to evaluate for practical experience over traditional educational backgrounds
- Many of our recent hires came through communities focused on promoting underrepresented groups (Tech Ladies, Women Who Code, etc.), and we’ll continue to do the same for future hires
- We’re in the early stages of establishing a mentorship program to help underrepresented groups break into tech
- We’ve had 4-day work weeks for three years now, and while we encourage our team members to use the extra day to give back to their communities, that extra day is also important for creating an inclusive work environment that supports caretakers and creates opportunities for self-care
Above all of that, we’ve prioritized self-education on the pressing issues of our time.
How do you support your team to grow and improve?
Perks and benefits
- Hack weeks
- Full benefits
- Profit sharing
- 401k program
- Healthy habits allowance (gym membership, massage, therapy etc)
- Annual raises
- 12 weeks parental leave
- 4 day work weeks
- 20 PTO days (use as needed)
- Home office stipend
- Annual team retreat
- Professional development budget
- Book allowance
- Peer recognition program
More great places to work:
Customer.io is an automated messaging platform for tech-savvy marketers who want more control and flexibility to craft and send data-driven emails, push notifications, and SMS messages.
Whimsical is the unified workspace for thinking and collaboration. It allows you to create flowcharts, diagrams, docs, virtual sticky notes, and more.