- In business 10 years
- Funding modelBootstrapped
- Team size 43
Supercharge your sales with the best CRM for startups and SMBs. Get pipeline view, calling, lead management, email automation, and more.
At Close, we're building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals (faster). Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of 43 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We are a small team doing great things - every role is critical to the success of this company. People that are most successful at Close have a resourceful, “doer” approach and mentality. We focus on productivity, impact, and quality of work. We’re looking for team members that genuinely understand the nature of being part of a small team that operates in a bootstrapped / start-up-like environment.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the workplace. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Life-work harmony is an important part of our organization - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 12 countries and 16 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another (however we’re opting for quarterly virtual summits during 2020/2021). We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community. This team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 14 babies (and counting!).
Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.
How do you maintain flexibility & balance for your team?
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the workplace. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Life-work harmony is an important part of our organization — we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
Remote First Parental Leave Flexible Schedule Unlimited Vacation Mandatory Minimum Vacation
How do you ensure autonomy and plan for the future?
Slack is a virtual water cooler, not a virtual office. We care about productivity, quality of work, and how you communicate with the team and customers.
We encourage deep work and turning off notifications.
Decisions are thoughtful, we ask that everyone has a voice and then trust team leaders will make the best decisions for their teams and that our C-Levels will make the best decisions for the company.
Async Communication Deep Work
How does your company try to hire people from underrepresented groups and improve the diversity of your team?
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all those that go through our recruiting experience - from initial interactions to final interviews. Our internal recruiting team works to reduce bias through job description analysis, educating ourselves on inclusive language, and ensuring we understand our personal unconscious biases. We promote on various platforms to prioritize seeking out diverse candidates and post on these 2-4 weeks before posting across general job boards. We also encourage blind candidate reviews with application questions answered first prior to looking more in-depth at the candidate.
- Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
- Exchanging company-wide observed holidays for national or religious holidays
- Structured team-wide and job-specific onboarding
- Weekly 1:1:1s - social chats after our team meeting
- Bi-annual in-person retreats
- Bi-annual anonymous team insight surveys
- Women’s Collective: a voluntary, team-led group that brings together women-identified team members at Close to foster a sense of belonging and connection. Our goal is to create opportunities for growth and support for women in technology. Our mission extends to encourage and support any other diverse company groups.
How do you support your team to grow and improve?
We have ongoing 1:1s with managers and bi-annual holistic reviews where career goals are discussed. We encourage all people to own their careers and take personal initiatives for their learning and development. We have an open policy and want this to be a valuable experience for them as an individual rather than providing a pre-determined budget.
If you want to attend a conference, course, or training and believe it would benefit your professional growth, send your team manager and People Ops a proposal with all of the logistics and details. Decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis. In some cases, the company will cover the total costs or establish a match.
Professional Allowance Regular 1×1’s Personal Growth Plans Mentorship Process
Perks and benefits
- 100% remote-first company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x annual team retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video) - when travel is appropriate
- 4 x quarterly virtual summits
- 7 weeks PTO (includes company-wide winter holiday break)
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- $200/month co-working stipend
- Revenue Share (after 1 year)
- Paid parental leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 99% premiums paid for excellent medical and dental coverage, including an HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
More great places to work:
Zapier is a product that allows end users to integrate their apps and moves information between them automatically. We're on a mission to Make Automation Work for Everyone!
Chili Piper is the only inbound conversion platform serving high-growth B2B revenue teams. Teams convert more inbound leads while spending less on marketing with Chili Piper. Basically, the spiciest tool in your tech stack.