- In business 9 years
- Funding modelBootstrapped
- Team size 10
Krit is a digital product design agency. We work with growing cybersecurity startups to design and build better products.
How do you maintain flexibility & balance for your team?
We're a remote-first company with flexible hours and encourage all of our team members to get their work done and go home. While we occasionally have to work odd hours to support a client launch or deployment, we minimize this as much as possible with good systems and infrastructure.
How do you ensure autonomy and plan for the future?
We use Slack and stand-ups for day-to-day communication, but encourage team members to snooze notifications when they need to do deep work. We work in two-week sprints and set the plan for each sprint together. From there, team members choose how to structure their days.
How does your company try to hire people from underrepresented groups and improve the diversity of your team?
- Committed to regular, monthly recurring donations to social justice organizations
- Conducted our first inclusion training as a team
- Brought on a firm to conduct an assessment and training around hiring
- Begun working on hiring rubrics to reduce bias
- Identified several good sources for recruiting diverse talent, although we have more room to grow here (we really like DiversifyTech, RemoteOK, RemoteWoman, and RemotePOC)
This is in addition to some of the practices we already had in place like transparent salaries, a fixed raise process, flexible work hours, and our general efforts to build a healthy, happy culture.
- Continuing our work on hiring rubrics
- Establish a regular, yearly inclusion training event
- Creating an internship program
- Holding an accessibility-in-software training session
- Getting better at measuring diversity and identifying areas for growth
How do you support your team to grow and improve?
We have dedicated time set aside each month for internal work, and encourage the team to use some of this time for conferences and courses. We cover the cost of courses on a case-by-case basis.
Perks and benefits
- Health, vision, and dental coverage
- 25 total days of PTO
- $2,500 equipment allowance
- 401k matching
- Paid parental leave
- Coworking allowance
More great places to work:
We’re the creators behind the world’s most-played games. From the Solitaire that came on your Windows machine, to hundreds of other games you’ve come to know and love - you can find our games on Arkadium.com, iOS, Android, and lots of other big sites worldwide.
We design and develop awesome apps for Web and Mobile.