- In business4 years
- Funding modelBootstrapped
- Team size10–15
Whimsical is a collaborative visual workspace for teams. It allows you to create flowcharts, diagrams, docs, virtual sticky notes, and more.
How do you maintain flexibility & balance for your team?
We are a global, fully distributed company with no permanent offices. We work a calm, 40-hour work week and encourage as much deep work as possible with control over one's own schedule, and we offer a number of benefits that give employees extra personal time off (vacations, parental leave, summer Fridays off, sabbatical).
How do you ensure autonomy and plan for the future?
We are independent and make decisions looking at the long-term. We are mostly asynchronous. Everyone in the company can be involved in planning, but nobody is pressured to. We work in cycles where the team working on a project decides the best way to split up the tasks to get the work done.
How do you support your team to grow and improve?
We are united by a passion for creating the best software that has ever existed. We value craftsmanship. We're inspired by mastery and all the people in the company are constant and eager learners. Personal and professional growth is driven by the individual and supported by the company in regular 1-on-1s. We encourage knowledge sharing and self-development - be it through reading a book, taking an online course, listening to a podcast or chatting with like-minded folks
Perks and benefits
- 401K matching
- Health insurance
- 4 weeks of annual paid time off
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave (for countries where the government doesn't take care of it)
- 4-day work weeks during the summer (June to August)
- 2 months of paid sabbatical every 4 years
- All the tech equipment you need to work successfully
- Equity and quarterly stock repurchases
- Reimbursement for coworking space membership
- Compensation is fair and transparent and does not depend on where in the world you live