- In business9 years
- Funding modelBootstrapped
- Team size32
Ingenious software, built to last.
How do you maintain flexibility & balance for your team?
Like many businesses, we are currently functioning as a fully remote organization and are encouraging our team to really embrace work-life balance with a more flexible working schedule and improved leave benefits. We're promoting increased communication, empathy, and a supportive environment during this unusual time. We have comprehensive PTO policies which we encourage our team to take advantage of. We've recently approved programs to support short term sabbaticals and part-time work schedules to meet and support the changing needs of our team members.
How do you ensure autonomy and plan for the future?
We want our team to love working at Promptworks. We do our best to create a culture of respect, engagement, and teamwork. Our culture is learning-driven. We invest a lot of time sharing knowledge formally and informally, collaborating on work products, and meeting to determine the course of the company through open initiatives and working groups.
A group of tech leads meet regularly to chart our technological course and correct any systematic weaknesses in our process. Advisors help mentor and coach their peers. The DEI committee proposes changes to make our workplace more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. Employees have incredible opportunities to provide feedback, suggest new things to try, and take leadership. We trust the people we've hired, so employees have a lot of autonomy in their work
How do you support your team to grow and improve?
We believe that systems and cultures that encourage regular discussion and communication have long-term positive impacts for team members, managers, and organizations. We practice both continuous performance management and semiannual performance reviews. Our culture is knowledge driven and we support professional development opportunities with a yearly $2,000 benefit, regular immersion into subject matter expertise driven by our employee knowledge base through monthly Lighting Talks and weekly Talk Tuesday presentations, and an advisors program that promotes mentorship and investment time to promote continuous learning.
Perks and benefits
- Competitive salaries with bonus and profit sharing
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 60% insurance coverage for spouses and dependents
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Schedule flexibility and monthly work-from-home days
- Flexible spending account for child and health care
- Commuter benefits & easy access to public transit
- Lunch provided twice a week
- On-site gym and intra-office recreational activities
- Yearly professional development allocation
- Bike-friendly office (shower and indoor bike parking)